If I ever get out of here*. . .
If I ever get out of here, I will do the following, in no particular order:
1. Happily take my lazy ass to the gym. I’ll walk for 30, elliptical for another 30, and inevitably be in a brighter mood for the rest of the day. Also, I might even shower there. I figure the place will never be as post-pandemically-clean again.
2. Fix my face up like Lucille Ball. I don’t think I’ve worn makeup for almost a year. Truth be told, I think I like buying it more than I like wearing it. But, after being stuck in the same cycle of sweatpants and loose tee shirts, with no place to go, I’m ready for a little glamour.
3. Gorge myself at Morimoto. If dining out were a sporting event, I’d be eligible for an Olympic medal by now. I miss it. And while I’ve only been there once, Morimoto in Philly is off. the. chain. So when business is booming again, we are going. And we’re having drinks, and appetizers, and all of the heavenly avocado-and-cream-cheese sushi rolls our little hearts desire.
4. Spend a weekend at Wildwood. Growing up, Wildwood, New Jersey was my family’s vacation spot. And oh, how I love it, Dear Reader! And right now I want nothing more than to pack up the car, grease myself up with SPF 26,000 and enjoy the salt water taffy. Crowds on the Boardwalk? No. Problem.
5. Wander aimlessly. I think what I miss most during this shut down is simply the ability to stroll. Like, among people. Like, going downtown to breeze through a book shop, or a quirky boutique, or farmers’ market. Even making polite conversation with passersby. Because, as George Costanza reminds us, we are living in a society.
So please, Powers That Be, let us out of our cages soon.**
. . .
SnapDragon is an artist, educator, and strong believer in the after-school snack.
Follow her Two-Bit Musings and more on Snippets of SnapDragon.
*. . .“thought of giving it all away, to a registered charity. All I need is a pint a day. If I ever get outta here . .”
** So that we can start complaining about everything again and find ourselves wanting nothing more than to be at home