I got another blogger award, yo.
(bites fist and blushes)
Sheryl, my dear blogger-friend, graciously nominated me. (Thanks, Sheryl!)
Be sure to check out her posts on Sheryl’s Light.
And so, it looks like I have a few questions to answer! On we go:
. . .
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Oo, tough one. I was fortunate to have many-a-laugh in my younger years, so it’s hard to pick. But my gut answer has to be Wildwood. As in, Wildwood, New Jersey. Our family vacationed there for a week every summer, and it was glorious. I can still hear the seagulls.
2. Why did you start blogging?
Simply put, I was having a rough go of things the Winter of 2019. I was also between jobs, so with my extra time I decided to do what I’ve always wanted to do: be a blogger. It started out as a journal, and has evolved into a community. Love it.
3. Who is your favorite actor?
Tom Hanks. No, wait. Leo Dicaprio. No wait, it’s gotta be both.
4. What is your favorite holiday?
To use my husband’s favorite term: Capitalistmas.
5. If you could go anywhere, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Japan. (Flights from The US seem to be exceptionally expensive.) Also, I’ve never been to Asia! And, I love sushi. (And by ‘sushi’, I mean rice and avocado (or cucumber) wrapped in seaweed.) Anyway, there’d be so much to see and experience! (RIP Anthony Bourdain.)
6. What is your favorite music?
Classic Rock, yo. The Beatles. Pink Floyd. Queen. (drops the mic)
7. What is your favorite food to eat?
Burritos, both of the breakfast- or brown rice-pinto bean-steamed veggie-variety. Any. time.
8. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go?
Switzerland. I’d stay for a year, and visit every tiny place on the map. (heart flutters at the thought)
9. What positives have come out of the coronavirus for you?
We have a baby. After 67 days in the NICU, he finally came home at the end of January. Having both Mommy and Daddy around 24/7, in the comfort of our own home, is a massive silver lining during this horrific pandemic.
10. What would you tell your teenage self in a letter?
Ahh, shit. Where to start? Okay, here goes: “Dear Teenaged Snap: No one knows what the hell they’re doing. Don’t be fooled by know-it-all adults; life is just a day-by-day obstacle course. Try your best to find a lemonade stand along the way.”
11. If you could turn back time, where would you go?
I’d go to The UK in 1971. I’d see Paul McCartney (Wings) perform live. And, you know, then probably pass out in happiness.
. . .
I’m going to break the rules a bit and only nominate one blogger.
And that blogger is:
Bryan Wagner, of Visions of a People’s Dharma.
I find his posts very moving, as well as very calming.
Thanks for being in the community, Bryan!
. . .
Questions for Bryan:
1. Describe yourself in three words.
2. If you were an animal, which would you be? Why?
3. What is your favorite thing about your neighborhood?
4. What brings you peace?
5. Who are your influences?
6. Describe your morning routine.
7. What’s on your bookshelf?
8. Describe your favorite vacation.
9. Choose one: a backyard pool, or backyard garden?
10. What are your must-haves when grocery shopping?
11. How do you hope to be remembered?
. . .
Yay! Thanks for being here, friends.
Sending much love your way.
. . .
SnapDragon is a writer, artist, and fan of high-top sneakers.