Daaaamn it’s cold, yo!
(It’s winter in PA, Snap. Not a big shock.)
And it’s the last day of January, Dear Friends.
And since I’ve royally effed-up my Daily Posting vow, I’ve decided to make myself feel better about my negligence by creating a new little feature (one in which I may or may not stick to, because, well, I’m having a rough go with all of my creative efforts lately, it seems.)
SnapDragon’s A Month in Review!
(cue blank stares, and several people absently scrolling through their phones)
Here’s what happened this month:
1. We have a new President of The United States. That’s pretty big news, no? So can we Americans just agree to take a collective breath, put the past behind us, and work together to improve society? Cool, that’s what I thought.
2. Snap’s got a new attitude. Although it’s online, and my actual fingers-to-keyboard work time is minimal, my job kinda sucks. It’s been a major letdown. But, I’ve decided to channel some advice I got from a colleague in my first unhealthy job: If you can’t change your situation, change your attitude.
3. Patience, patience little dear.** Call me crazy, but I’m starting to feel like there may be some hard feelings over our family’s decision to stay on lock-down. Snap’s intuition, I guess. I mean, I know it sucks. Who doesn’t want to get out of the house and hang out? But, I also don’t want to get sick, or, possibly die. And if you saw what we saw our son go through in the NICU, you wouldn’t be so quick to shirk CDC guidelines. It’s just not worth the risk.
4. There is so much to be happy about. Maybe more than anything else, I do not want to live life feeling sorry for myself. My existence is really just a random collection of matter, which in itself is a pretty amazing thing. Shit happens–to all of us–and it’s not a competition as to who has suffered most. I am owed nothing, from anyone. It doesn’t matter who did what; it matters how I respond. And I have everything I need to be happy.
5. We be travelin’ soon. The Sweet Husband has done yet another fine job on revamping the RV! (Photos to come.) And we’ll be hitting the highway soon, for an adventure down south. (Posts to come.) It’s really incredible when you take a step back and realize the lives we lead. All that has led us here. And all that lies ahead.
Wishing you well, Dear Reader.
And here’s to a lovely February ahead.
. . .
SnapDragon is an educator, writer, artist, and taster of fine wine and cheeses.
Follow Snippets of SnapDragon for a little something or other.
* Shout-out to The Decemberists. God love ’em.
** Yep. Willy Wonka quote. ‘Cuz it’s just a part of my life, and probably always will be.