. . .
Baby Snap called it an early night, so I decided to take advantage of a little free time while he’s snoozing away. (And before my mind completely shuts down; I tend to turn into a pumpkin around 9 PM. Or, if I’m being honest, it’s probably more like 8.)
. . .
SnapDragon’s Brain Dump:
- Loose Ends. Only two days left in February! So, I’m of course thinking of everything I want to accomplish before March hits. And mostly, it’s blog-related. Book-of-the-Month! RV Updates! C’mon, Snap! Dear Reader, I want you to know there’s not a 24-hour period that passes without the urge to post. But I refuse to settle for less, and time for prolonged creative writing has been scarce. These Brain-Dumps are as messy as I want to get.
- My Space.* On a related note, I have a renewed sense of pride in this site. I’m not really sure why, but I do. In a feeling not unlike teenage angst, I feel free here. It’s my space, yo. And I’m gonna decorate it anyway that I choose. I hope others enjoy it. But if not? It’s cool.
- Sugar & Salt. I call bullshit on all of these post-apocalyptic shows, with perfectly groomed survivors. With clear skin. Umm, no. You’re surviving on expired canned goods and Little Debbies. I go a few days without produce and my face looks like something the drain coughed up.
- Time Takes Time, You Know.** I’ve always been obsessed with time. I get overwhelmed at how it vanishes, seemingly before our very eyes. That’s why we have to take time for things that matter. For things that make us happy. For the planting of seeds that will bring us closer to the lives we want.
- An Open Book. I never want to be stubborn. I never want to be the textbook definition of a curmudgeon. I want to face each day with an open mind, and an open heart. ‘Cuz I’m so, so imperfect. And there is so, so much to learn. What a beautiful, crazy world we’re in, Dear Reader. So let us be a part of it.
. . .
SnapDragon is a writer who loves brightly-colored bed sheets.
. . .
*Sweet college memories. MySpace was the shit.
**Ben Folds lyric