. . .
1. It’s 70 degrees and sunny outside.* I know, I know. Talking about the weather probably officially marks my old-fogey status, but your girl Snap doesn’t care, yo. It’s friggin’ gorgeous today. And it makes my soul rejoice.
2. Baby Snap, The Bookworm. He reaches for books at pretty much every turn, and seriously thumbs through the pages like a pro. (He’s 14 months, in preemie terms.) He even started poking around our Franklin Library collection. Moby Dick, anyone? Oh, okay. Baby Beluga will do.
3. My Sweet Husband, Renaissance Man. He’s a man who knows how to do things. And if he doesn’t, he researches and figures it out. Always. His newest project? Putting solar panels on the RV. Woah.
4. Making Our Bed. Yes, this is a relatively new habit for me. (blushes) But to be fair, there’s usually a cat or two nestled inside, and it gives me the perfect excuse not to. (That, and I usually don’t have the energy for such a futile task.) But in recent days I’ve made myself do it. And, amazingly enough, it always makes me feel better. Who knew?
5. Beer o’ Clock. We’re Craft-Beer Heads. Like, if it doesn’t need to be refrigerated, forget it. I’m talking Other Half. I’m talking WeldWerks, friends. And we’ve been crackin’ one open in the evening, savoring each sip, and remembering that life can be pretty kick-ass sometimes.
So here’s to a fun, funky weekend, love.
. . .
*Yeah, I wrote this a few days ago. In typical PA fashion, it’s a chilly 42 today. Oh well. Nice while it lasted.
SnapDragon is a writer, artist, and sentimental old fool.
Follow Snippets of SnapDragon for Two-Bit Musings and more.