My 36th Birthday is just around the corner. And I plan on living it up, yo.
It’s a designated time to celebrate this little life o’ mine.
So here are a few ways I plan to seize the day.
. . .
SnapDragon’s Simple-Yet-Cool Birthday Plans:
1. A New Do. I need a quality shampooing, cut, and dye. I might just start down the Tori Amos discography, using her hair as my muse. Little Earthquakes is up first. Love you, girl.
2. A New Outfit. I’m basically in love with everything on this site. Since my days are usually spent at home among play-dough and peanut butter hands, I need something simple, comfortable, and even remotely chic for when I’m out and about. I want one in every color, please and thank you.
3. Dinner & A Movie. We don’t even need to go out. Because my husband is pretty much the best person ever, we have a mini movie theatre in our basement. (Like, with real theatre seats, a projector and big screen, and even a few shelves for concessions. It’s fricking on-point.) And so, after the tikes are asleep, I’d like to eat about two pounds of pasta, and settle in for The Shawshank Redemption. For reasons I’m not quite sure of, that movie makes me feel like the best version of myself. And who couldn’t use a dose of that?
4. A Kiss for Mother Earth. I’ve been growing more and more fascinated with feeling connected to Planet Earth. I like to think about the millions who’ve come before us, and the millions who will come after. These lands have seen so very much. So on my birthday, I want to be outside. I want to feel the springtime sun on my vampire face. I want to literally dig my hands into dirt. (shrugs) Maybe we’ll plant a tree.
5. Shed a Few. Nope. Not pounds. I want to go through my disastrous closet and donate the heaps of old teaching clothes I’ll likely never wear again. I’ll dump shoes that no longer make me happy; books that I keep in case I one day open a little used reading house in the middle of nowhere; hats and handbags. The vacant shelves will serve me far more than these old items do. Let’s give ‘em new life, Snap.
Onto the next. 😉
. . .
SnapDragon is a writer. Period.
Follow Snippets of SnapDragon for a bit of whatever.
Leave a Reply