Good day to you, Dear Reader!
And thanks for being here. Let’s not forget how magical it is to connect–via the Interwebs–from all over this lovely globe of ours.
Anyway, it looks as if I’ve been nominated. . .
for an “Awesome Blogger Award”! *
ABOUT THE AWESOME BLOGGER AWARD:
“This is an award for the Absolutely Wonderful Writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
A special shout-out and thank you to my friend Michael A. Kuch.
Do yourself a favor and check out his brilliantly-cryptic wordplay on KUCHED. You won’t be disappointed!
And I will try to answer his questions as thoughtfully as he!
. . .
14 QUESTIONS FOR THE FABULOUS NOMINEES
1. What’s wrong with you? Ha! Where do I start? I am a neurotic, self-loathing, too-many-carbs-eating, creatively-paralyzed artist. But maybe, just maybe, those things make me right.
2. Do you prefer pie or cake? Cake. And, preferably cold cake. (But, c’mon. I won’t say no to a juicy piece of pie. I’m not a psycho.)
3. Can you be trusted with a lie? I thought about this question for probably longer than necessary. It’s a tough one. Because 1) I can, in fact, be very much trusted with a secret. Tell me a secret and I will carry it to the grave. But also, 2) I disdain lying. (she shrugs)
4. What’s your favorite swear word? All of them, friend. I went far too long trying to stifle myself by not embracing all that language has to offer. Fuck that, yo.
5. Are you better at kissing or writing? If a kiss required proofreading and punctuation, I’d be golden, love.
6. Have you ever mistaken Lust for Love? Probably. I both lust after and love Paul McCartney. (Especially, say, from 1968-1975. But also now. He’s God.)
7. When was the last time you slow danced? At my wedding, almost five years ago.
8. Is there something you’d like to tell the world? Yes. It does not revolve around you. Period.
9. Who would win in a fight: Godzilla or Hello Kitty? Believe it or not, I have never actually seen Godzilla. Nor do I know much about Hello Kitty, other than the adorable accessories found at any store, ever. But I’ll put my money on the feline.
10. What musical instrument do you look like the most? Oh, the shekere, no doubt:
11. What’s your first impression when you look in the mirror? Am I cross-eyed? Like, for real?
12. Have you ever worn underwear from a person of the opposite sex? Those records are classified, yo.
13. Finish this sentence anyway you like: “Bartholomew, I don’t know any damned Bartholomew. . . ” […] But tell him to put another quarter in the meter, and to get me some vegetable dumplings, stat.
14. Do you think Ecru deserves to be a distinct color, or should it just go back to being a miserable shade of boring-ass Beige and lose its uppity-as-fuck attitude just because it’s friends with Taupe? Ha! Oh, Michael. I’m pretty sure you’re my favorite blogger. I think Ecru should definitely check itself. You ain’t nothin’ special, girl.
. . .
. . .
SnapDragon’s Questions for Her Nominees:
1. If you could live any place for an entire year–no questions asked, all bills paid–where would you go?
2. What is one thing you’ve learned about yourself during lock-down?
3. What’s in your car?
4. What are your top three favorite movies of all time?
5. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. What are you most likely to order in a café?
7. Who is your idol?
8. How do you typically spend your weekends?
9. If you had to choose only five books to reread for the rest of your life, what would they be?
10. What is one long-term goal you have for yourself?
Have fun, friends!
. . .
SnapDragon is an artist, wife, and friend to just about everyone.
. . .
* Rules: 1. Thank the person who nominated you. 2. Tag the post with #awesomebloggeraward. 3. Answer the questions you were asked. 4. Nominate at least 5 bloggers and inform them of their nomination.** 5. Give them 10 new questions to answer.
** Clearly, I took some liberties here. Have fun with it! Answer the questions in the comments! 🙂